Agra Environmental and Laboratory Services is a fully licensed and insured company that has extensive experience with treating lakes in the New Jersey and New York region. Click on a link to scroll down and learn about the many services we provide.
• LAKE TREATMENT CHEMICAL
- Initial evaluation for species identification (includes sampling and analysis)
- Complete permit application to the New Jersey DEP Pesticide Control Program to include any relevant correspondence, data evaluation, and selection of treatment chemical.
- Perform initial chemical application
- Provide follow-up site visits
- Perform additional chemical applications as needed
- Complete Record of Actual Treatment (RAT)
• BACTERIOLOGICAL TESTING
- Bacteriological testing (as per regulations) for local health departments for beach swimming areas.
- Coordinate sampling, analysis, and report generation to health departments.
- Remediation of excessive fecal coliform counts of greater than 200 colonies/100mls.
• GEESE CONTROL
Investigation and implementation of geese damage control techniques. AELS can formulate the ideal program for each individual case in order to control geese population in recreational areas. In order to control geese, sprayed chemicals are available to control habitation. These chemicals, if carefully applied, prevent geese from landing in treated areas. This treatment has been proven to work effectively for airports, businesses, and lake communities. Other control measures include noise control measures and natural habitat control measures.
• LAKE MANAGEMENT & LABORATORY SERVICES
- Investigate and advise on any additional lake protection measures, such as nutrient control, public education, and dredging operations. AELS can provide detailed reports to association members for review and implementation.
- Design water quality monitoring and assessment programs to support overall clean lake programs.
- We can coordinate and obtain funding from various federal and state agencies (e.g. Clean Water Act State Revolving Fund and The Clean Lakes Program)
- AELS works closely with a laboratory which is fully certified in water, wastewater, and soils testing to support any lake management program.
We would like to welcome our new biologist, Cassandra Szeleski, to our staff at Agra. You can see she also enjoys field work!